PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Meeting Adjourned!

Howl's Moving Castle has come to close. The final chapter read, the back cover closed. So much to talk about and share, yet no one to share it with. Because no one who attended the meeting read the book, except Sara, who actually went ahead and read the sequel! Thank you so much, by the way.
However, it was a surprising turn out since there had been no posters in the store. They were made and printed and handed over, but got lost somewhere I suppose...oh well, better luck next time.
Well, since no one read the book (which is fine, my job is to also inspire someone to read the novels I choose, it is not necessarily required to read the books, only highly recommended since the point of a book club is to share ones experience while reading the novel. Has no one seen the movie The Jane Austen Book Club?) Anyway, I digress, my lack of questions was just fine and my plan for comparing it to the movie worked. Hopefully I did convince them to read Howl's Moving Castle, they did know of Miyazaki, the genius he is!
To compare the two, I printed a Bunch! of pictures and screen caps and whatnot. I had hoped to then discuss the differences between the two, but, once again, no one knew what I was talking about, so I simply told them.
We discussed Anime/Manga, a fellow there did not know what it was. I expanded on Miyazaki's creativity and listed some other movies (Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Ponyo, etc.) Within this discussion I had a brain-fart (pardon the image) to, in the future, hold a meeting where we talk about novel's turning in to Mangas (Maximum Ride, Twilight, Cirque Du Freak, etc.) and Manga's in to Animes (InuYasha, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Naruto, Bleach, etc.). I look forward to that. Expect it in the future.

Next Meeting:
December 5, 2009
2:00 pm
Big Borders
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

No comments:

Post a Comment